Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It would be cool to have a comic book named after me though...

I always thought, that if I was able to have any superpower, I would want to instantly be in any location in the world, just by thinking it. Believe it or not, I've given this a great deal of thought. I always thought how great that would be--just think about it, I'm running late to class (which is pretty much everyday, every class) so I step out of my building and just think real hard "Chapman Hall" and wham! I'm there, 3 minutes early. Or no more layovers in the Atlanta airport, or no more stuffy buses, or incessant car rides. Kinda like clicking my heels Dororthy-style, but a much cooler and more badass version of it. I'm not into sparkle shoes.

But then I think about all the amazing stuff thats happened via transit, the stuff I would have missed out on using my superpower. Walking through the quad on amazing days like these, chatting with a friend on the way to Weaver Street, or crazy dance parties on car rides to DC.

And I think about last summer when I lived in NYC, when a friend and I were determined one week to never take the subway or cabs--all the way from Central Park to Soho. If we had just taken the subway, or if I was generous and shared my superpower (can you share superpowers?) then we would have missed the art fair in Chelsea, stopping at PinkBerry, listening to this amazing guitarist on the street, a little Spanish and French bookstore, and this jewelry and craft expo from local artists. Where some people thought we were sisters because we were laughing and having so much fun. I never realized that similing and general happiness was a "southern" sterotype until that summer :)

I guess the ideal phrase to stick here would have been "life's the journey, not the destination," but I hate overused sayings. So instead I'm going to end this simply saying, I need to pick a new superpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment