- I have a weird accent thats doesn't sound especially American or southern...to other Americans. Everyone else, I say 2 words and immediately know I'm from the US. It's also probably because I'm incredibly influenced by the way people around me talk (give me half a day in Y-vegas...you'll see)
- The emergency number (aka 911) is 10111. Like I'll remember that when I'm attacked at gunpoint (Dad-it's a joke. Promise.)
- It gets dark way early. Like 6:15.
- On my first day at UCT (University of Cape Town), I was told the elevator often gets stuck, so if I ride it to make sure I have my cell phone to call someone if I get trapped. Yeah. Right. I'm always taking the stairs.
- My boss took 3.5 days off this week. Must be nice being department head.
- I'm going to have to be incredibly proactive in my work. Oh and make lots of lists.
- Facebook is blocked on campus--probably a good thing
- BUT Gchat is always on--come talk to me when you're eating your breakfast
- Theres a building on campus named "Snape Building." I'm on the lookout for the "Dumbledore Building." It has to be here somewhere.
- Everyone dresses very western--the girls wear skinny jeans tucked into boots, scarves, even the tights-instead-of-pants deal.
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
I've realized that-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment