I haven't found anywhere in the world where I want to be all the time. The best of my life is the moving. I look forward to going
Laying in my bed, listening to the rain outside and reading the BFG in my partially moved out of apartment. Blank walls, half packed wardrobe, empty drawers, and a cluttered floor complete the look of “in limbo.” Still here, not quite moving on. Just yet.
It’s a feeling of detached curiosity—a brand new city next week, living in an apartment with two students I found on Craigslist (crossed fingers they aren’t associated with any Craigslist Killers…) and working a brand new job that even my boss “can’t really describe exactly what I’ll be doing.”
I have loved my time at Carolina, but I take comfort in knowing that my best days AREN’T behind me. That there’s a big o world out there and for a moment—a brief spark of optimism and endless opportunity seems possible.
I’ll go back to embracing the harsh realities of the world tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment