Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day in SA

...oh hey, that rhymes.

It's been exactly 6 months to day the I landed in Cape Town, and on one of my favorite American holidays, I have more than a few things that I'm thankful for...
  • For the luxury to travel when I’m young
  • For having a home to always come back to
  • For friends of all sorts—for life, for six months, for one weekend
  • For my education
  • For my education not in a classroom
  • For after-sun aloe gel
  • For good wine
  • For my freedom to do and be whatever I want
  • For the freedom to make mistakes
  • For the freedom to make the same mistakes over…and over
  • For my curly hair
  • For the opportunity to explore
  • For Skype video calls
  • For postcards
  • For my good health
  • For my ability to pay for good health care
  • For my super cool new beaded rhino keychain
  • For my camera
  • For the things, people and events my camera captures
  • For my big-little brother
  • For being a Tar Heel
  • For loving and for being loved





No comments:

Post a Comment