- I got super weird tan lines on a hike to Camps Bay last weekend--one of the most beautiful beaches in Cape Town. In order to "fix" these unsightly tan lines, I ended up burning my back into a pretty lobster-y shade the next weekend. Damn the African sun!
- I've been known to cook in large quantities. Like, very large. My most recent creation was an ostrich meatloaf filled with tons of veggies and peri peri sauce. I seem to only use the one industrial size soup pot whenever I cook.
- I can't wait for summer. Can't. Wait.
- Living in the American house is still an adjustment--being with 20 other people constantly can get a little overwhelming, which is why it's been great to have a few good friends outside our main group to go escape with :)
- I'm starting to [think about] writing my article(s). This means compiling all my research from the past four months, including my interviews I'm still conducting, into a paper that will [hopefully!] be published in a journal. Pretty daunting task!
- We're doing these things called "body maps" in one of our classes. We're basically drawing pictures on an outline of our bodies to represent our answers to these deep, intense questions our "professor" poses us. It's taught by an Anglican priest and it is supposed to guide us on our "journey of transformation" here in SA. Questions like "where do I come from?" and "what is the relationship between mind, body and spirit?" I'm trying hard not to roll my eyes constantly and at least appear to take this seriously. But in all honesty, it's quite frustrating to have to take a class like this. I would much rather learn some actual SA history (since I'm getting history credit for it) than this "finding yourself" class. Oh well, at least it's easy!
- There is no decent Mexican food--because there isn't a Latino population here at all. I think that we should all be a little more grateful for the South Americans in the US because I sure am missing a good burrito with some pico de gallo!
- I really wish I could go to The Rally to Restore Sanity in DC on October 30th. You should all go!!
Monday, September 27, 2010
Quick Update
Not much new to tell you, so I thought I'd put a few thoughts down in bullet form:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment