"Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday" --Napoleon Hill
"Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time" --T.S. Elliot
So I suppose it's a bit of both. And performing that balancing act has become a pretty enjoyable experience in Cape Town. On pretty days (like today) I choose to walk to work--rather, I choose to walk to a nearby cafe for coffee and breakfast to do my morning emails, and then make my way to the downtown minibus station to take a R5 ride to work.
Arriving at the office in the early afternoon, I'll chat with my office mates--which gives the guise of productivity when we talk about policy matters in the US and here.
Or I'll spend some time with J.S. and get my daily update on the state of the world through the lens of a sarcastic and cynical man (and people question the fact we're soul mates) while organizing my calendar for the week or download additional articles.
In other words, I'm really just improving my multitasking skills.

No comments:
Post a Comment