Tuesday, May 19, 2009
At Long Last
The morning of my departure was a blur of repacking, cleaning, and wondering what crucial items I was forgetting. It still felt unreal I would finally be leaving for the summer. Three flights, three different continents, a few meals, three movies and two Ambien later, our plane touched the Tanzanian runway and a jolt of excited disbelief ran through my body. Walking off the plane I took my first big breath of African air--it was 8:00 pm and was surprisingly cool and breezy. Passing customs, which simply meant smiling at the guard and walking out the door, we met our driver who drove us to Arusha, about a 30 minute drive from the airport. What I have loved the past few days are the stars every night since I've been here. The intense darkness of the night allows the stars to shine with indiescrible brightness. Sticking my head out the window of the truck, I knew this was going to be an awefully big adventure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

<3 you! It sounds amazing, and I can't wait to hear about all of your crazy adventures!
ReplyDelete-Amanda